Student Life Assumes Hosting Duties for Annual Halloween Dance

“Fright Night” was a success during its first year being hosted by Student Life.

By Canada Groshens
Staff Writer

On Friday, November 1, Anoka-Ramsey held a “Fright Night” Halloween dance on campus. In past years, a Halloween dance was hosted by the environmental club. However, this year with the e-club disbanded, the student life department stepped up to the plate. Cambridge campus student life coordinator Elise Kazmerzak and the four-student event planning team organized the event. The main attractions of the event included pizza- a staple of campus activities – and a costume contest for which the first prize was a $50 dollar Coffee Corner voucher.

There were many balloons decorating the dance floor, and students hit them up into the air.

There were many fun and creative costumes showcased at the dance and students expressed excitement about entering the costume contest. First place went to Taylor and Tyna, for their costumes as Rem and Ram from the anime Re: Zero. Second place was Madelyn with her Molly Ringwald costume, and third place went to Alyssa for her Forest Elf costume. There was also a dance contest, and while many students were shy about dancing in front of people, there were some great contestants and Taylor and Tyna took the cake for this contest, as well.

Kazmerzak said she thought the dance was a success, students gave positive feedback and seemed to have had fun. The event planning team wants to continue to host a Halloween dance in future years, and hopefully involve other student organizations. They also hope to expand to attract attendees from outside of the college.